Owing it's name to the Willamette River that runs through Oregon, the Willamette hop owes it's existence to the USDA. Bred from Fuggles, Willamette shares quite a bit of it's flavor profile with it's parent hop so Fuggles can be used as a substitution when Willamette hops are not available.
- Origin: United States (bred from Fuggle by the USDA)
- Aroma/ Bittering: Aroma
- Aroma: Mild and pleasant, slightly spicy
- Alpha Acids %: 4.0-6.0
- Beta Acids %: 3.0-4.5
- Co-Humolone: 30-35% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.0-1.5 mls/100g
- General Trade Perception: A quality hop aroma
- Possible Substitutions: Glacier, US Fuggle, US Tettnang, Styrian Golding
- Typical Beer Styles: All English-style Ales, US Pale Ale, US Brown Ale, American Lager
Deal of the Day
YOUR PRICE: $0.60
Get the Daily Deal Directly to your Inbox
Exclusive Offers & Tips from Experts
Get the latest articles and information on Sales and Offers. Sign up for our newsletter today!